While Amazon is intensely popular to both buyers and sellers, it is not an easy place to sell your goods. This is merely due to the fact that you have endless competition on Amazon, until and unless you are selling a one of a kind product. To help you out, regardless of what you are selling here are 10 things you must consider if you wish to sell on Amazon.
1. Customer Service - While Amazon takes on fulfillment question, all other questions will be directed towards you. So get ready to answer a lot of inquiries that will head straight to your inbox. Meaning, you should hire someone fulltime to take care of your customers before you decided to open the shop. As you can either offer your services to customers or work on your products.
2. Product Descriptions - It is crucial that you put up great product descriptions that not only set you apart but set the perfect tone. Pulling buyers towards your products, while offering them all the information they need. These can be tackled on your own, or you can hire a professional. Keeping in mind that it will be an additional cost before you start your store.
3. Increasing Margins - You will be required to increase your margins to manage better working capital. As Amazon FBA is a capital concentrated business, you must improve your capital by increasing your margins.
4. Smart Investment - It is never a smart idea to put all your eggs in one basket, meaning an investment should always be divided. While Amazon is the largest retailer, it is not the only retailer in the world. Spread your business around, and enjoy sales from different platforms.
5. Passion Products - It's not enough to throw any item on Amazon to sell, today you must be dedicated to the products you wish to sell. A passion project is exactly what Amazon is best for, so question your motives and push to achieve your goal.
6. Eye-Catching - The only way to ensure that your products stand out, you need professional and eye-catching images of your products. This is a small yet fruitful investment that can help generate more sales in the process.
7. Discounted Prices - Are you ready to start with discounted prices? The only way to make your stand in the market place without any review is by offering your products at a discounted price. This will attract attention and get you going, which you can later modify.
8. Marketing Strategy - Start by understanding your brand's category, and focus on how to build yourself within the category. This will require some understanding, and software to help you get started on the perfect track.
9. Earn Reviews - Why customers might buy your product, most of them will refrain from leaving a review; especially if nothing goes wrong. So start working on a plan to earn your reviews. This will help you a great deal in years to come, as it will boost sales and build your brands name.
10. Amazon Advertising - You can now use Amazon ads to boost your search ranking, which in return will boost your sales. However, are you ready to make another investment that will eventually pay off.
These are the top ten things you must consider when starting a business on Amazon, as it will help you decided, determine, and make the right choice for your business.
Contact Us to learn more about The Starren Group and how we can help you leverage Amazon to grow your business.